The MirageOS Documentation
and developer guides
Weekly Meeting: 2016-02-17
By Amir Chaudhry
- Quality and Test
- Functoria status
- MirageOS Hackathon status
- Persistent storage on Xen (FAT/btree/...)
Amir, ThomasL, Mindy, Gemma, Hannes, tchell, Mort, Dave Scott, DanielB,
Anil, Jeremy, ThomasG.
Quality and Test
- Anil has all containers pushed now and you can see them at
- The description there contains all
the info you need
- We'll try and use Alpine as the 'base' as it's small.
- Anil planning to write this up when he gets a chance.
- These images should make it easier to run tests across many platforms etc
- Still needs support for Arch Linux etc.
- There are things to check but we're doing well. 150 containers now.
- DanielB tried it and liked it as he used to test his things with Virtual Box.
Now just has to log in with command line and test things.
- Jeremy is happy and has merged a few things into Functoria. No objections
- This will be a 2.7 release (not a 3.0).
- Functoria Blog post has a couple of TODO's — one of which was a come up with
a reasonable example. There's a PR in the mirage-www repo. Mindy will consider
- Mort will be one of the GSoC admins along with Lars. This is lightweight and
is mostly cover in case he's away.
- Application going in soon.
- Lars also wanted to check that our projects are up to date.
- Hannes has put up wiki pages. Not many people have added things to them.
- Support/sponsorship for students in place too.
Persistent storage on Xen (FAT/btree/...)
- Have a lot of people asking about storage.
- Dave working on block backend for Irmin and will take a while to get this
done. Anyone else available to work on filesystems?
- Mort has a UG student working on a filesystem thing. It's working well
enough that there's a performance evaluation underway.
- Not written up yet but will encourage a release.
- Question on the mailing list where folks are using the FAT filesystem to
store things. It's a shame that Irmin doesn't work on Xen.
- We had a chat with Wassim from Erriscon for netmap backend instead of Xen
backend. We think this is something for xen-devel. Xen folks may have started
one but not sure where things stand. Maybe Wassim should use MiniOS for now.
- No-one's used netmap. Maybe Wassim et al can use it and get back to us with
- There are pieces in several places. Anil will reply to the email.
Quite a few people posting questions on stack overflow. The tag is
DanielB saw them but was waiting for others to respond. We may want to
consider a link on the mirage.io site to point people at stack overflow. That
means spending more time there ourselves, though.
Late notes: Notes are still delayed — Amir has less time to write things up
properly. Dave recommends declaring a 'notes amnesty'. Focus on future notes
instead? Gemma offered to help. Amir will discuss with Gemma.
The next call is scheduled for 2nd March. Please add any
agenda items you wish to discuss in advance and refer to the
mailing list for actual details a day or so in advance.